When you’ve been around for over a century, you know the difference between quick opportunistic profits and long-term financial success. To DJJ, it’s about recycling one of the world’s most reusable materials, while conserving our precious natural resources in the process. It’s also about understanding that our long-term mission can only be achieved by maintaining long-term relationships. We manage our business for the long term by creating a culture where people choose life-long careers and business partnerships span generations.
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), a global leader in scrap metal recycling, operates 11 domestic and 1 international (Hong Kong) offices, which deal routinely with several thousand domestic and international producers and consumers of scrap and scrap substitutes.
DJJ’s Metals Group brokers copper, brass, nickel, and stainless, in addition to a variety of aluminum products.
DJJ operates a Ferro-Alloy, Nodular Pig Iron and Foundry Pig Iron office serving the steel, foundry and secondary aluminum industries.
The DJJ family of companies includes a network of nearly 60 U.S. recycling facilities, able to process over 5 million tons of scrap annually.
Our portfolio of services includes:
- Railcar Lease, Purchase, Sales and Finance. Our Rail Equipment Group leases and trades railroad equipment, including new and used railcars, throughout North America.
- Private Railcar Fleet. One of the largest independent fleets of open top gondola railcars helps deliver DJJ traded commodities.
- Industrial Services. We process, arrange transportation and market scrap generated by industrial companies of all sizes.
- Railcar Dismantling. Railcar parts are re-used or recycled.
- U-Pull-&-Pay. Our self-serve used auto parts stores save customers money while helping the environment.
Click to learn more about:
As a good corporate citizen, we take seriously our responsibilities to preserve and protect the environment, provide a safe workplace and give back to the communities in which we do business.