Did you know DJJ provides innovative railcar engineering services including:
- Extending the life of railcars by 5 to 15 years
- New railcar design
- AAR approved freight car modifications and conversions
- Freight car body and component analysis
- Increase gross rail load: modify 100-ton cars to 268K or 286K
- Shop management: cradle-to-grave services
DJJ’s Solution: extended service status for your cars.
Why retire cars after 50 years when there is a way to extend the life to 65 years? DJJ’s engineering staff has a cost effective, economical way to extend the service status of your railcars. We can handle the process from inspection, to submission, to approval. We assess the railcar, work with shops to make structural modifications to extend the life of the car, and even submit it on your behalf to the AAR for approval.
If your railcars are approaching 50 years old, we can help extend your asset life. Why take your railcars out of service at 50 years and replace them, when you can increase their life status by another 5, 10 or even 15 years?
We engineer aggregate, grain, lumber, steel, paper, wood chip, covered hoppers, open-top hoppers, box cars, flat cars and more. Let us provide railcar engineering services for you!