Together, we can make a difference
Working with communities and the people who protect them
From working with fire and police departments to community partnerships with programs like the United Way, Junior Achievement, People Working Cooperatively and Ronald McDonald House, we’re committed to being good neighbors in the communities in which we do business.
Protecting Communities With Local Law Enforcement
To combat metal theft and stolen scrap from being brought into our recycling facilities, we use a computerized imaging system that captures every transaction. It provides police an easy way to identify suspects.
Supporting Local Fire Departments
We continuously support community fire departments. For example, we provide space and vehicles for their “Jaws of Life” training.
Benefiting Everyday Customers
We make it easy for customers to drop off ferrous or nonferrous scrap and get paid quickly and reliably. We also help communities maximize their tax base, while minimizing their local environmental footprint.
Dress for Success
Our team partners with this organization to empower women by providing professional attire as well as work force development training.
Ronald McDonald House
In Kansas City, we collect soda tabs to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House. One pound of pop tabs can provide a meal for four people.
People Working Cooperatively
We assist home owners in maintaining their property by raking leaves, cleaning gutters, and overall helping them keep their house a home.
There are lots of awards being handed out these days, but none as important as these
- DJJ President’s Safety Award
- DJJ President’s Environmental Award
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems Certification (Ferro-Alloys and Metals Group)
- Gold Leader Recognition from the Colorado Environmental Leadership Program (ELP)
- Metal Recycling Services won the prestigious North Carolina Department of Labor Gold level Certificate of Safety Achievement
- Florida Safety Council’s Safety Excellence Award
- Trademark Metals’ Ocala, Florida facility is proud to be the first scrap recycling facility in the world to receive RIOS (Recycling Industry Operating Standard) Certification
- Western Metals Recycling’s Award of Merit from the Utah Safety Council
- U-Pull-&-Pay earned the Gold Level in the Indiana Clean Yard Award