Line of Business
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ) is a world leader in scrap metal brokerage, ferrous and nonferrous metal recycling and transportation services.
- Procurement services for scrap consumers
- Ferrous and nonferrous scrap trading and processing
- Ferrous and nonferrous metal recycling
- International scrap and substitutes marketing
- Ferro-Alloy, Nodular and Foundry Pig Iron trading
- Global supply chain expertise
- Industrial scrap management services
- Railcar lease, purchase, sale, finance, and dismantling
- One of the largest private fleets of railcars in the United States
- Mill services
- Self-serve used auto parts stores
- Headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- 11 brokerage offices in North America; 1 in Hong Kong.
- Network of 60 scrap recycling facilities in the U.S. including 15 automobile shredders.
Incorporating wholly-owned operations and joint ventures, we employ nearly 1,800 people worldwide.
- DJJ was founded in 1885.
- Acquired by SHV Holdings, N.V. Utrecht, The Netherlands in 1975.
- Acquired by Nucor Corporation in 2008.
- Total assets $2 billion
- Strong equity base/no debt
300 Pike Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
- Phone: (513) 419-6200
- Fax: (513) 419-6223