On July 9, 2012, U-Pull-&-Pay (UPAP) purchased the assets and businesses for two self-serve used auto parts stores: Pic-A-Part LLC in Indianapolis and Pull-A-Part Self-Serv Auto & Truck Parts LLC in Phoenix. The Indianapolis and Phoenix locations have been operating under current ownership since 2007 and 2004, respectively.
UPAP will operate the newly-acquired stores under the existing names during a transition period.
The Indianapolis store is located at 940 W. 16th Street, and the store phone number is (317) 925-2277. It has over 1,500 used cars and trucks displayed on stands, arranged in rows, and separated by manufacturer. The Phoenix store is located at 2501 West Buckeye Road, and has over 2,500 vehicles on site. The phone number for the Phoenix store is (602) 484-7278. At both locations customers bring their own tools to remove parts, drive train components, and any other desired accessories.
The addition of these two stores brings the total number of UPAP stores to nine. U-Pull-&-Pay also operates stores in Albuquerque, NM; Aurora, CO; Cincinnati, OH; Colorado Springs, CO; Denver, CO; Orlando, FL and West Palm Beach, FL. UPAP is wholly-owned by The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), a Cincinnati based subsidiary of Nucor Corporation. These acquisitions demonstrate one more step toward helping Nucor and The David J. Joseph Company strengthen its core recycling business.
Founded in 1885, DJJ is one of the largest scrap brokers/processors in the United States providing scrap brokerage, recycling and transportation services. Nucor and affiliates are manufacturers of steel products, with operating facilities primarily in the U.S. and Canada. Nucor is the leading purchaser of ferrous scrap and the largest recycler in North America.